AlignStar®... The First Sales Territory Alignment Package Designed Expressly for Sales Managers
Optimizing territories is the first step a sales manager faces when confronted with changes in field force representation (sales representatives, distributors, service personnel, etc.). It involves realigning and retooling coverage areas to achieve maximum efficiency. TTG’s AlignStar makes it easy to assign sales representatives to more efficiently planned sales areas. Accounts will be better managed, with customers receiving a higher level of service. With better optimized territory alignments, your sales representatives will have more time to follow-up on new business opportunities, creating more revenue per coverage area. In addition, by automating the time-consuming redistricting and realignment tasks, AlignStar will decrease the time it takes to perform territory alignment projects, thereby decreasing the overall planning costs.
AlignStar is a revolutionary new tool developed specifically to help sales managers quickly and easily maximize the effectiveness of their field sales force. AlignStar is driven by TTG’ s proprietary Intelligent optimization engine, which incorporates powerful algorithms that have been designed to rapidly create balanced and travel efficient territories. The Territory Optimizer features offered by AlignStar make it the ideal tool for managers with direct field sales personnel, as well as for those overseeing distributors, resellers, service personnel or franchisees. Its flexible design lends itself to a variety of situations, making it the perfect tool for both simple and complex sales deployment applications.
who Should Use AlignStar?
TTG’s AlignStar is the solution for sales and marketing managers who need to:
- Create new territories or realign existing ones.
- Merge or separate multiple overlapping sales channels.
- Decrease sales representative “windshield” time. Increase market coverage.
- Improve sales efficiency while maintaining head count.
- Improve sales force morale through more equitable territory design.
- Gain an edge over the competition. Improve the bottom line.
The optimization capabilities offered by TTG’s AlignStar make it the ideal tool for sales managers with direct field sales personnel, distributors, resellers or franchise areas. AlignStar can be used to optimize several sales forces or distribution channels. It can also accommodate fixed sales regions, non-coverage or protected areas, as well as individual account exceptions such as national accounts, house accounts or field specialists.
the Sales Advantage®
Sales and marketing managers are faced with what can be a monumental and time-consuming task of planning and aligning territories for maximum productivity. Furthermore, they must stay one step ahead of their competition by continually tracking and analyzing sales performance and market trends and changes. AlignStar frees up precious time by allowing managers to complete the territory alignment task in a fraction of the time that was previously required with manual redistricting techniques.
Better yet, AlignStar’s imbedded “artificial intelligence” allows it to create the best possible territories by simultaneously balancing them and minimizing travel time in the final solution. AlignStar will give you a distinct advantage over your competition by allowing you to put the proper selling resources in the right places to maximize their effectiveness.
a Territory Expert™ At Your Command
Before starting out, use AlignStar’s built-in Territory Expert to evaluate your territories. Find out how good (or bad) they really are and find out why. The Territory Expert reports back to you in detail exactly where improvements can be made and suggests more efficient rep locations to help you save on travel costs.
territory Optimization in Four Easy Steps
Optimizing territories allows personnel to be more productive. It allows them to be more attentive to their customers and to follow-up on leads from prospects more quickly. With AlignStar, optimizations require four simple steps using an easy-to-follow wizard:
- Select the variables you want to use in balancing your territories.
- Select the number of territories you want or the target data value.
- Select the number of districts and regions to create.
- Tell AlignStar how to label your optimized territories and click OK!
AlignStar optimizes your territories using your data and its built-in drive-time database and displays its progress with a chart. When AlignStar is finished, you can view the final solution, adjust it if necessary and save it by merging it into your current alignment. To make any final adjustments to the optimized territories, simply fine-tune the results using the “drag and drop” or “lasso” territory alignment tool. Your data can be presented in easy-to-understand maps, tables and reports. The maps and tables can then be printed or exported to support other sales functions in your organization.
why Choose AlignStar ?
Several important reasons have made AlignStar the number one choice of sales and marketing professionals:
- Easy to use.
- Saves time and money.
- Full featured and flexible.
- Developed by TTG, Inc., the industry leader in sales territory design software solutions since 1988.
tailored to Your Business
AlignStar comes in several versions to suit your needs:
- AlignStar Corporate Edition is well suited to businesses with small to medium sized sales forces with fewer than 50 sales reps.
- AlignStar Enterprise Edition is designed for more demanding applications with 51+ field territories.
- AlignStar Small Business Edition is designed for simpler applications with up to 25 field territories.
- AlignStar Field Edition is designed to be used in conjunction with the Corporate or Enterprise Editions. This "light" version of AlignStar with a feature set specifically geared to field sales managers. Field managers can make changes to territories, print maps and reports, perform "what-if" analysis and send any alignment changes back to the home office via email where they can be approved and integrated into the master document.
- AlignStar Online (available late 2008) is a web based client that allows users to access AlignStar documents published to a web server for remote collaboration on alignment projects.
AlignStar is packed with advanced features that are too numerous to list. Some highlights include: Link to as many as 10 different data sources at once.
- Optimize using 1 or 2 variables with individual optional weighting.
- Set an optimization goal based on the number of territories or the target data value.
- Optimize within existing sales hierarchies (e.g. districts, regions, etc.) or other defined areas.
- Territory Expert evaluates existing territory alignment and grades them on 6 criteria.
- Suggests ideal city locations for sales reps.
- Supports up to three levels of sales hierarchy.
- And much more!